Family Lives is a national charity which aims to help all parents; mums, dads, grandparents, step-parents, other friends and relatives in raising happy, healthy children. They offer help and support through an innovative range of free, flexible and responsive services, shaped by parents for parents.
Telephone: 0808 800 2222
Textphone: 0800 783 6783
Eileen Lecky Clinic
The clinic provides a wide range of health services for people living in Wandsworth. It also runs specialist clinics for children and pregnant women.
Telephone: 020 8544 6101
Home Start - Bump to baby
Home Start places volunteers with parents in their own homes. Volunteers may offer emotional as well as practical support to parents who are experiencing isolation, post natal illnesses, bereavement, multiple births or any other issue affecting their family.
Telephone: 020 7924 5268
Neonatal Unit at St George's Hospital
St George’s Hospital’s Neonatal Unit provides specialist care for the smallest and sickest babies, including those that are born prematurely and those that require surgery. It is the regional centre for the South West London Neonatal Network. The network has 5 hospitals providing maternity and newborn services.
Telephone: 020 8725 1936
Teenage Pregnancy Clinic
This service is made up of a small group of midwives who specialise in the care of young parents. They support teenage parents throughout pregnancy up to the birth of their baby. This service provides a specialist clinic for pregnant teenagers. You can be referred to this service by:
- An accident and emergency (A&E) department.
- A genito-urinary medicine (GUM) clinic.
- Other community midwifery teams.
Telephone: 020 8725 1708
With Healthy Start, you may be able to get free vouchers every week, which you swap for milk, fresh fruit, fresh vegetables and infant formula milk. You can also get free vitamins.
The NCT is UK’s biggest parenting charity. Any parent and carer can visit their website for information. Their services include:
- Information and support in pregnancy, birth and early parenthood.
- Information on local groups that provide practical and emotional support.
Pregnant Teenagers And Young Parents Learning Mentor
This service is for pregnant teenagers and young parents up to 18 if in full time education in Wandsworth. Young people are:
- Supported to remain in their current education provision.
- Provided with home tuition in core subject areas during maternity leave.
- Reintegrated back into education after the birth of the child.
- Supported to find more appropriate education or training placements.
Telephone: 0203 513 6103